Friday, September 4, 2009

How clever!

Last night while I was working on a design project, I stumbled across this at the Pottery Barn! It's a little frame raiser that allows certain frames to protrude from the wall for easy layering when creating a gallery wall. (Notice above the 5 and the 9) How clever!


Sanity Fair said...

That is SUCH a cool idea. It has so many versatile uses - yay PB!

Nikki Cogg said...

I don't know what it is about Pottery Barn's gallery walls, but I just swoon and stare for a good 10 minutes (sometimes longer). The exact location and juxtaposition of each frame really gets me! I love those frame raisers, I am definitely going to get some.

C said...

I've downloaded so many 'gallery' pictures for inspiration but still haven't got past my blank white walls! I worry about alignment too much which probably holds me back. Wish I had your instinctual flair, the gallery wall in your previous kitchen remains one that I keep.

MABELLE said...

Wow- thanks C! I'm so flattered that you even remember my old kitchen! (I have to admit, I did more decorating in there then I did cooking...;) If you'd like, you can email me some pics of a wall you're hoping to do a gallery wall on, and I can suggest some placement ideas!

xo ma

Yansy said...

I love this idea as well Michele.

Paul Pincus said...

love this!

Kirby said...

oooo... I like it! definetly makes me want to do more decorating.

Chichi and Luxe said...

this is fantastic, what a great idea. it certainly adds an extra dimension to a cluster wall!

Ann said...

Oh that is so brilliant!!!

Awesome Sara said...

OMG i am loving this blog!!! u leave the sweetest comments on my blog and i just had to stop over to check u out and honey i am liking what im seeing!!! we have got to become friends bc u are just on the same level as me!

Nicole said...

Very smart indeed! I can always count on Pottery Barn :)

Lauren said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted on this!!! I was just telling a client yesterday how Pottery Barn somehow magically layered frames & what a cool look it had- I had no idea it was a product they sold!!!! hahah THANK YOU!!!! :)

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Such a fabby idea. Sadly, so sadly, no Pottery Barn in Marrakech but I'll see if I can dream something up.

The Consummate Hostess said...

How great is that? What a wonderful idea.

Rikke said...

Wow, you have a great blog:)

melissa davis said...

That IS a genius idea!!

Morning T said...

Very cool, I've never seen these. I love hanging frames in front of books on shelves too.

pve design said...

love the "layered" look!

seo consultant said...

What a unique idea that you made it adds an extra dimension to a plain wall. The frames are in different position that gives attraction to whom will look at it.

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

chenlina said...

michael kors uk
hollister outlet
toms wedges
jordan 8
ray ban sunglasses
tiffany jewelry
louis vuitton outlet
air max 90
cheap jordans
michael kors handbags
lebron 13
hollister clothing
rolex submariner
vans shoes sale
nike factory outlet
michael kors outlet
kate spade outlet
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors handbags
replica rolex watches
michael kors outlet
true religion jeans sale
cartier watches
true religion outlet
michael kors canada
longchamp outlet
air jordans
kobe bryant shoes
nike sb
ralph lauren uk
coach factorty outlet
ed hardy clothing
ralph lauren
cheap jerseys
tiffany outlet
michael kors handbags
mont blanc fountain pens
coach factorty outlet online
pandora outlet
louis vuitton outlet