Friday, October 26, 2007

Grace Kelly at Sotheby's

Since I've read so many good things about the Grace Kelly exhibit at Sotheby's via Habitually Chic and Brilliant Asylum, I decided to check it out this afternoon on its closing day. What a great decision! The exhibit was absolutely packed with memorabilia including family videos, personal notes, Grace's jewelry collection and engagement ring (which was unreal), her Oscar, couture garments and of course her iconic Hermes bag! Many of the items had never been previously seen outside of Monaco. An exhibition catalog is available via Sotheby's website which includes 137 pages of personal photographs of her life, as well as Town and Country's current issue: A Tribute To Grace Kelly.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I'm a huge Grace Kelly fan, too, and I love her personal style. Check out Grace Kelly Online for a ton of photos of her.

MABELLE said...

What a great site! I especially love the candid photos. Thanks so much Robin!

Carol said...

I'm so sad I couldn't go to NY ...
I love Grace Kelly! Do you know if they will have an exhibition here in California?

Nice to hear from you Robin! I have a new email and just joined again :)

MABELLE said...

Hi Carol :)
I checked with Sotheby's and it looks like the exhibition is not scheduled to travel (except back to Monaco). Bummer! But I found a great site that announces any and all Grace Kelly related events: http://www.visitmonaco.com/mtny/home.htm

Anonymous said...

Carol, you should try to get your hands on the exhibition catalog for the Sotheby's exhibit. It's really great!

Anonymous said...

hi- I love your blog and your fabric! I am looking for a really great throw blanket for my living room. Do you have any suggestions for places to look for nice, luxurious and colorful throw blankets? thank you!

Anonymous said...

Grace Kelly... What an incredible woman!!! She used to live in Ravin Hill Mansion at Philadelphia University (formally the College of Textile Sciences) where I go to school! I had classes in there last year and it was unreal thinking that she actually lived where I was learning!!

great post Michelle and thanks for the advice via email!

Unknown said...

Grace personified her name. She was the substance dreams are made of, She is an idea of the lady every Gentleman would love to woe into marriage. Articulate 8inteligent and absolutely beautiful.