Saturday, January 31, 2009

Rubie Down Under!

Photo: Patrick Cline for Real Living, March 2009

Hello and goodbye! I'm off to Australia for 2 weeks (wahoo!) to present at the Decoration + Design show in Sydney, so I thought I'd leave you with a bit of love from down under! I'm incredibly flattered and excited to be featured in this month's issue of Real Living, one of my absolute favorite Australian decorating magazines! I've picked up the perfect travel bag from the one and only Ladybird, (which has vegetable-dyed leather and a chic gold monogram for an additional $8 bucks!) so I'm ready to go ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to post some inspiration while I'm away, but if not, please check back on Valentine's Day for my latest Aussie finds, as well as an apartment tour of one of my favorite designers, Ron Marvin. G'day mates!


Ivy Lane said...

Have Fun!! I am sure you will be a big hit there!!! And soak up some sun for me! It's only 9 degrees here!!! no warm up in sight.

So Haute said...

Bon Voyage! And love the bag!

Style Court said...

Michelle -- Patrick did such a great job with the picture! Well, the two of you together :) Congrats.

annechovie said...

Have a wonderful trip, Michelle! Great photo.

Sweet Nothings said...

Congrats! I am going to have to bite the bullet and order real living now!

and OMG I am loving that bag!

dwelling and design said...

i LOVE this bag.

Amanda said...

Oh, I *know* you'll be a huge hit down here Michelle. Congrats on the feature.

Amanda xx

Anna Spiro said...

Can't wait to attend your seminar in Sydney Michelle!! You'll be fantastic and yes we Aussies will Love you!!

Abby said...

Have fun jet setter! Love the bag!

simply seleta said...

Such a stylish traveler. I can only imagine how much fun you're going to have! Must pick up a copy of Real Living.

Beaux Mondes Designs said...

Congratulations on the well deserved feature. I can't wait to get a copy of the periodical. Enjoy your trip. Looking forward to reading about it.

Annabelle said...

Yay! You will have a great time down here! Welcome to Aus land :-) Hope the conference goes well. It's nice and warm down here at the moment, so am sure be happy!

P.S. A great breakfast cafe you must try in Sydney is one called "Bills".

Suzy said...

Have fun! And make sure you take some sunscreen!

katie said...

I LOVE that bag but I can't find it on the site! Do you know if they sell it online?

Ladybird said...

Ladies, ladies, the bag can be found at Ladybird in Columbus, OH
(716 N. High St). Telephone orders are also welcome- 614.298.8133. The bag comes in a cherry red, black, moss green. Initializing takes 5 - 7 business days. Please email Allison with any additional questions:

jenny said...

Ooh, congrats! Have fun and good luck :)

Jennifer Ramos said...

SOUNDS like so much fun...i love the article by the way... : )

Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'

Susan said...

Would it be terribly tacky of me to ask how much the bag was? I love it and need to see if the hubby will spring for it!


Carrie said...

Hope your trip is going great, can't wait to hear all about it!!! Love your blog BTW.

decor8 said...

Michelle enjoy your travels and knock 'em dead!

Ashley L. said...

I hope you are having a safe and wonderful trip!

MABELLE said...

Thanks guys! So glad you like the bag too :) And no Susan- not tacky at all! I totally should have posted the price to begin with! I think it was $143 + the $8 for monogramming, but just give Allison a quick call to confirm (her comment is above;) It's holding up perfectly well and it's Italian leather and beautiful :)

Thanks again for everything and I can't wait to post more when I return!!
Xo ma.

Tina said...

your handbag is so so gorgeous! have a great trip!

ps, your blog is so beautiful! i had no idea i'm on your link list, thanks ;), adding you to mine now!

Nicole said...

you're gorgeous! great pic, killer bag. Update on how the seminar went!!

Stephanie said...

Have a fantastic time!

Liz Powers said...

I know this post was months ago, but I just saw it... and love the bag. Any idea if it's still available? Is Ladybird still in biz? So cute. The monogram is perfect.

ed said...






chenlina said...

coach outlet online
authentic louis vuitton handbags
michael kors handbags
jordan shoes
coach factory outlet
fitflops sale clearance
burberry outlet
louis vuitton handbags
kids lebron shoes
asics outlet
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
christian louboutin outlet
kobe 9
nike huarache
coach outlet store online clearances
kate spade handbags
nike free runs
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors handbags
nike air max
kate spade handbags
michael kors outlet
tory burch outlet
air jordans
nike air max 90
michael kors outlet clearance
ray ban sunglasses discount
caoch outlet
louis vuitton outlet
ray ban sunglasses
air max 90
christian louboutin outlet
louis vuitton outlet
oakley sunglasses
toms shoes
louis vuitton handbags
coach outlet
nike uk