Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Christmas in my home is all about family, food and napping. My parents take turns cooking up the tastiest food they've made all year, and the "fancy" china finally comes out of its cabinet. We tempt our cat with catnip-stuffed mice and watch him gallop around the house, sometimes sideways. We fill the house with cheesy Christmas tunes and sing at the top of our lungs. We have fun :) I hope all of you are enjoying your holiday traditions as well.

Every year I ask Santa for a stack of books and usually fall asleep on the couch reading them. My favorite this year is definitely the Principles of Uncertainty, by incredible illustrator and funny gal Maira Kalman. Be sure to check out her website and her blog in the New York Times! I'm headed to Florida for a few days and then the movers will be in New York when I get back, so I won't be blogging as often as usual but will try to get a few in here and there. Happy day!

5 comments:

Sam Suttie said...

Happy Holidays to you too! Enjoyed reading your Christmas day experience. Will keep checking your blog for more posts, travel safe.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Hey, I LOVE your blog and I ALSO lived in NYC...for 15 years actually in Manhattan. I miss it....so lucky you that you're still there! I'm in Vegas now.
Anyhow I'd love to exchange links with ya!

Happy New Year!!

Jen Ramos
'Earth Friendly DESIGNER Cards'
www.madebygirl.com

MABELLE said...

Thanks Jennifer! Wow- I'm so glad you found me! I LOVE your blog AND your stationery!! It's amazing! And I love that it's eco-friendly! (Did you know I'm currently working on an eco-friendly line of bedding and upholstery fabrics?! They should be ready by August and I couldn't be more excited!) We should chat!

Michelle :)

annewalker said...

Merry Christmas to you too. I hope you're having a good holiday! And since new year is coming and you wish to send some new year wishes, find some here that you may find beautiful.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.