Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy weekend!

Photo: Bjorn Wallander for O at Home, Winter 2007

Happy weekend all! Hopefully you can make it to a flea market while the weather is still nice. This weekend we're celebrating my dad's 50th birthday in the city (yea!) so I'll have to flea market vicariously through all of you ;)

I thought I'd show you the images above and below from the home of Kirsten Hollister as they illustrate the power of mixing old and new. Kirsten's upholstered bench and knock-off Eero Saarinen table are both from ikea, (as is the chandelier, I would assume) and her art and accessories are all flea market finds! The chalk board is such a genius idea. Kirsten found a vintage mirror and broke the glass out, flipped the backing around, and spray painted the backing with chalk board paint! So anyway, be creative and happy weekend :)

Photo: Bjorn Wallander for O at Home, Winter 2007

3 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

I love the chairs... doubt they're ikea. I will have to pick up the mag.

kirsten said...

Thank you for your kind comments!
The black and white striped chairs are from Mitchell Gold+Bob Williams. I am not sure if they still manufacture this style of chair as I purchased them over 12 years ago.

MABELLE said...

HOW COOL! I can't believe you found my blog! I did some searching for the chairs and it looks like Mitchell Gold no longer carries them. I had a hard time finding an upholstered version of them, but if you're into the basic shape then check out DWR's Kong side chair! Thanks for reading :)