Sunday, December 21, 2008

Inspiration: Erwin Olaf

Photo: Hope 5 by Erwin Olaf, as seen in Erwin Olaf

Lately I've been inspired by photographer and filmmaker Erwin Olaf, so I thought I'd share an image I styled with Patrick Cline as a mini shout-out to the cover of Olaf's latest book! While our photo is certainly true to Patrick's own style of photography, lighting and brilliant depth of field, my styling was inspired by the color palette, rich textures and shapes found on the front cover of Olaf's new book. It's also a little shout-out to two of my favorite companies: J. Crew (the shoes!) and Williams Sonoma Home. (My greek key rug!) In early January our work will finally be available to purchase online, (yippie!) so please stay tuned ;)

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Great photo! And I can't wait to see more. You're one talented, busy bee!!

Paul Pincus said...

we have an olaf! love his work. he's so gifted. i love your latest collaboration with patrick cline. you're an amazing stylist, michelle.

xoxo, -p.p.

Maison Fleur said...

What beautiful images...is the dress velvet? I love the style, colour and feel of the photos, your very talented!

Brown Button Trading said...

Michelle - fabulous. Hanging out to see the work you have done with Patrick! Have a stunning Christmas, thank you for your beautiful blog and fabrics. My Rubie Green cushions have pride of place in my lounge room - the 'megan' even survived a little red wine incident the other weekend! xx

AphroChic said...

What a beautiful interpretation. I am just so in love with what you and Patrick come up with! Hopefully we can get together soon. Have a happy holiday!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

You know how much I love you and Patrick. Can't wait to be able to purchase prints!

Great shot. Plus I want those shoes!

AshleyL. said...

What a wonderful post! :)

Crave said...

I love this photo of the shoes!! When and where can I get more of these!

Style Court said...

Sorry I'm late commenting on this. You know how much I love your work. Can't wait to see more!

The book in the previous post looks great too.