Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Family at Home

Photos: Penny Wincer

Every year around Christmastime I tend to get extra sentimental about...well, everything! I'm heading home tomorrow to spend the holidays with my family, so I thought I'd do a post about families. Today while I was out holiday shopping at the Shabby Chic store in SoHo, I stumbled upon a book called The Family at Home, by Anita Kaushal and absolutely fell in love with the photography, style and message. Kaushal asserts that homes should be designed to function as seamlessly for stylish grown-ups as they do for growing children. She shows how you can design rooms that are highly creative and inviting for children yet also sophisticated and relaxing for adults. While I'm years away from starting a family of my own, this book made me smile because it's exactly how I envision my own home to be one day. So enjoy :)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I covet that tub, fab! ciao.

Romana said...

loving the "Where the wild things are" quote on the fireplace in the tee-pee shot! Will be linking back to your blog :)

Hanna said...

Thank you for posting these! Nobody will buy me this book (ha), so I have been trying to find pictures from this book online for a long time, with no luck... until now!