Thursday, January 24, 2008

I heart chunky necklaces

Photo: Jim Franco for Blueprint, January 2008. Large necklace from Dinosaur Designs

I've never really been into "fine jewelry" (the only thing I want from Tiffany's is a rock;) but I'm a total sucker for oversized costume jewelry! Here are some of my current favorites in the necklace department.

J. Crew Bubble NecklaceJ. Crew Beaded Paisley Necklace (available in April)

Banana Republic Coral Cabochon Bib Necklace

Forever 21 Faceted Bead Necklace (only $7.80!)

And of course the classic Kenneth Jay Lane Coral Branch Necklace, as seen below in Kate Spade's ad campaign.

8 comments:

Suzy said...

Love the JCrew and BRepublic ones, gorgeous colours!

/// said...

Oh YUMMYYYY! :)

mamacita said...

This is the problem I have with chunky necklaces: once you've worn it once or twice, it's "oh, you're wearing that necklace again, huh?" As much as I would like to think of something as a "signature piece," I wonder how it really looks to others.

MABELLE said...

Hmmm, good point! I guess you're right- I have a huge turquoise necklace that I'm careful about wearing too often...but I still love 'em)

perfect bound said...

I do so love those J.Crew pieces. Who knew? You will love this look from New York Magazine Look Book. http://nymag.com/fashion/lookbook/18462/

MABELLE said...

Perfect Bound- you're right- I LOVE this! Thanks so much for sharing! The orange is SO gorgeous against the black. (and I love that it's cheap;)

Unknown said...

Hey There. I discovered your weblog using msn. That is a very neatly written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.

JAM HIAS
KURSI RAJA
AYUNAN
GEBYOK
BUFET
MEJA RIAS TIARA
jepara furniture

Clipping Path said...


I really enjoyed your blog Thanks for sharing such an informative post.