Friday, February 22, 2008

{Sneak Preview} Rubie Green

So you guys have probably noticed that I haven't been on top of my blogging for the past few months, and I figured it's time to fill you in! I'm proud and excited (and terrified!) to announce that I've fulfilled my lifelong dream and started a company! Named after a fictitious muse, Rubie Green is an eco-friendly line of upholstery fabrics and bedding scheduled to launch in April (fabrics) and late summer 2008 (bedding). The upholstery fabrics are made from 100% organic cotton-canvas that is bleached using peroxide instead of bleach, printed with water-based inks, and finished with heat and pressure instead of chemicals. Our mission is to bring style to the eco-interiors market, and offer classic designs that are relevant and timeless. The print above is called "Marilyn," and is named after my grandma :)


I'm completely blown away to also announce that Rubie Green has its first media mention in the current March issue of Domino! We are listed as having an organic fabric similar to the yellow trellis print shown above. Our version is called "Tillinghast," and will be available to order in April 2008 via our website (which will be going through DRASTIC changes in the next few months, so please stay tuned!)


As for now, I have approved strike-offs of three prints and I'm in LOVE with them :) I hope you like them too! The photo is terrible (don't worry- we're hiring professional photographers very soon!) but I'm too excited not to share it with you now.

Hopefully I will have more exciting Rubie Green news to share with you all in the coming weeks :)

24 comments:

jenm.photography said...

oh my gosh, i am SO excited for you! congratulations girl!! your company is going to do so well. i just know it!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! How exciting! Your fabrics look wonderful. I hope you do well, and I am going to post some of your photos on my blog.

MABELLE said...

Thanks Jen! You are so sweet, and it means a lot to me coming from a fellow entrepreneur like yourself! I hope Nashville is treating you well :)

Carolina eclectic- thank you!! I sincerely appreciate your comments and would LOVE for you to post pics on your blog ;) This is all so new and I'm incredibly excited.

Suzy said...

How wonderful, that is so exciting! Congratulations! Funnily enough I just received my copy of Domino and devoured it this morning. I did noticed your new print in there...they are lovely. Can't wait to see your website when its done.

Mélanie said...

Félicitations !!! and eco friendly ...that is wonderful . I will make a link for my new post about balck and what colors match with it . I loe you yellow and balck and white fabrics in the last picture

a. said...

Congrats! Love the photo on the webpage too.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

London Calling said...

How exciting! Thrilled for you. BEST of luck!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations! And how fun to be mentioned in Domino!

Pigtown*Design said...

AWESOME! These are wonderful!!! I can't wait to see the Domino and look for Rubie!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Good for you for following your dreams.

I did see that fabric in Domino and fell in love with it...didn't know it was your new company!

Best of luch on your new endeavors.

Topsy Turvy said...

What a great way to launch your business! Congratulations on all your hard work - they look wonderful! Lana

Pink Wallpaper said...

shut up!! i am so excited for you!! way to go...the fabrics are great!!!

Making it Lovely said...

Congratulations!

Style Saves the World said...

omg, CONGRATULATIONS! such exciting news!! i can't wait to write about Rubie Green on Style Saves the World!!

Jessica Claire said...

no way! Congrats and I love the three fabrics already!!!

I'll be keeping tabs on Rubie Green!

Elizabeth H. said...

The yellow is fabulous!!!!! I feel the need for pillows.

Turquoise Chic said...

I am so unbelievably excited for you! I know you have been working so hard and it seems to have totally paid off. Your textiles are seriously AMAZING! I can't wait until your website is up and running!

AshleyL. said...

oh how exciting! congrats friend! i'll have to keep my eye out while browsing my upcoming mags! :)

Anna Spiro said...

Oh, this is so exciting! I'm loving them! I'd love to purchase some from you for my shop!! Let me know!
XX
Anna

thelovelist said...

I'm eagerly awaiting tillinghast - i hate a chair to reupholster screaming it's name. please tell me it wont be trade only?

Paul Pincus said...

Wow!!! I am so impressed, thrilled and happy to hear this news!

Cheers!
Your fan (and future customer),
-Paul

cotedetexas said...

ok - here it is! I never read this entry - omg I am so e x cited for you!!! Will you be selling online only or in showrooms? omg - so exciting!!!!

MABELLE said...

Joni- Thanks for the enthusiasm! I am so excited to read your feedback :) Rubie Green will be available via my website, through interior designers, and hopefully through some showrooms as well! I am working on a couple right now ;) I'll be sure to keep you posted and let me know if you want any samples!